DIY STEPS TO INSTALL A PRINTER
Things To Do On The Printer
Turn on your printer. Plug your printer into the wall socket if necessary, then press the printer’s “Power” button to show on the printer if it is not already on.
Make sure your printer is connected to Wi-Fi. In order to attach to your printer via a network, your printer should be connected to Wi-Fi.
The steps for connecting a printer to Wi-Fi can vary from printer to printer, thus check your printer’s manual or on-line documentation for model-specific directions on connecting to Wi-Fi.
Some printers must be connected directly to your router by going to settings and then look for wireless setup wizard and then selecting the name of your wireless network or via an Ethernet cable in order to connect to the Internet which is also possible through USB cable.
Things To Do On The PC & Laptop
Connect your pc to your printer’s Wi-Fi network if necessary. Most printers need you to be connected to constant network to that your printer is connected. If your pc is connected to a unique network, do the following:
- Click the “Wi-Fi”icon on the right side of the taskbar.
- Click the name of the Wi-Fi network to that your printer is connected.
- Click Connect.
- Enter the password and click on the Next if asked for a password.
- Click the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, click Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer.
- In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- In the list of accessible printers, choose the one you wish to use, and then click Next. (If your pc is connected to a network, solely printers listed in Active Directory for your domain area unit displayed within the list.)
- If prompted, install the printer driver on your computer by clicking Install driver.
- If you are prompted for associate administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Complete the extra steps within the wizard, so click end.